C-CSCDC currently has their Summer LIHEAP program open and taking applications. Access applications by requesting an application by mail, printing the application off of our website cscdc.net, or stopping by and picking one up any day M-F with the exception of Wednesdays, LIHEAP is closed to process applications.

Anyone needing rental assistance or housing just needs to call 479-785-2303 and ask to be put on the short waitlist. Rental assistance applicants must have a current eviction notice to qualify.

Arkansas has a new water assistance program, LIHWAP, applications are online at arkansaslihwap.com Fort Smith Water Department is  participating and accepting assistance from the LIHWAP program.

Salvation Army

The SA does their utility assistance program on the first Monday of each month. However, will be closed this coming Monday, September 5, due to Labor Day. So, they will do utility assistance on the 2nd Monday, September 12th. Appointments are set by phone call only; they will answer the phones starting at 9am. Gas, electric or water – only one utility in a 12 month period. No shut off required. Amount they can assist with varies with the utility company.

St. Anne’s Social

The St. Anne’s Society only helps with rent and certain utilities, being gas, water and electric.They serve only Sebastian County residents at this time. They are located at the Riverview Hope Campus at 301 South E Street and their phone number is 479-388-9620. Hours/days of operation are from 9:00-11:30a.m. on Mondays and Wednesday at this time or until they run out of funds. They do not do motels, weekly rentals, gasoline, and bus tickets.

Must have the following: I.D., last 4 digits of Social Security number, and a bill in their name.

For rental assistance, must have copy of rental lease with name and phone number of rental agent and name and address of where to send check.

//google translate functions, div in secondary menu